5.10.07

Nesting Habits Already?

Ryan and I had to go up to Ashland this week due to a death in his family. While we were there His mother gave us the baby clothes she found... i have to show you these!!!
Cleveland Indians Onesie with shorts and baseball cap! CONGRATS TO THE INDIANS BTW!

NEXT IS....UH HUH! OH...IO!




That's right OHIO STATE HOW CUTE IS THIS!? All we need now is CLEVELAND BROWNS and we'll be set in my husband's eyes at least! Believe me we'll be getting some I've found receiving blankets etc at Babies R' US.

SO coming home from Ashland all i want to do is rip up the carpet..start organizing...and cleaning...I want to get this place spotless (yes that will take 6 months) for baby! and all the visitors coming in and out of this SMALL place...

I also really want to get all the info I can about all the stuff we'll need. I'm surprised by how expensive things can be! wowsa! But with reading up in all the magazines about all the this stuff and how to "bond with your child" etc etc... i think i may have more questions than before...
Like for example...since babies have such poor eyesight when they are first born they use their sense of smell a lot. They can tell that you are mom b/c of your smell...they know your smell to the point of knowing how your breast milk smells! i can't breast feed, and since i didn't carry the baby will the baby not know my "smell"? humm... or even my voice...I guess i have a while to worry about that! but I'd really like to talk to some people who have been though the whole surrogacy thing...I'd like to ask them how all the different questions I have that only they can answer ya know!?

I have the nesting fever today... In a way i'm kind of panicking..so much to do...such a big responsibility...such little time... all in the mean time i'm figuring out how to provide best for this new addition but also how to get through school at a faster pace.. I'm kind of scared honestly...but we'll all be okay.. Thankfully i have my mother's spirit of "I'll do what I gotta do to get this challenge done.." this is what I've always wanted...a family...and though my plans have not gone quite as planned I'll make it work! Actually Ryan and I will make it work..thankfully it's not only me that has to do this!

Alright it's bed time!

Love Ya All! Thanks for checkin' in!


7 comments:

The Notorious N.A.T said...

that font is huge...

what if the baby is a girl? will she like to wear indians apparel? i know she will like to wear ohio state apparel...but who doesn't.

hahaha!!! love.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Notorious N.A.T said...

Oh and I must reiterate - the right conjugation of Y'ALL is Y'ALL!!!

Sis! Come on! Make your psuedo Southern sister proud!

JAB said...

Okay, way too personal I know, but you can produce milk even without giving birth....do you say you can'tbecause the drugs you take for your heart would pass through the breast milk?

I wouldn't stress too much about the bonding though - it happens when it's supposed to happen. There's a crowd out there who's totally hung up on it happening immediately - don't let them guilt you!!! Sometimes it takes work to get to know the baby and for the baby to get to know you.

With Emelia I was a crazy mess of a person who cried all the time and wondered what the hell I was going to do with this screaming blob, but with Landon I was in love from the moment I saw him.

Eventually E & I got used to each other and even now we push each other's buttons but her hugs get me through the day.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rachel said...

I love nesting...I'm still cleaning/purging/organizing...and Grey is 14 months old!

I agree with JAB about the bonding thing. You will love your baby like nothing in the world, but mothering doesn't always come naturally (or right away!). I told people for weeks that Grey and I were "still getting used to each other." Some days I feel that is still the truth!

As for all the baby "accessories" it's amazing how little you really need. Things I couldn't live without: an amazing pile of burp cloths and those thin receiving blankets that eventually became burp cloths; bibs; my "miracle blanket" (a swaddling blanket--a MUST HAVE); diapers; wipes; my camera; oh and the booger-sucker thingy. Everything else was pretty peripheral around here.

I keep a blog on myspace (you can also see adorable Miss Grey there): myspace.com/racheltheamazaco. I'll tell Bridget you said hello! I'm hoping we get to see those belly pictures soon (threaten her if you have to!). xox

Gavin's Pictures


Pictures from Our Trip